About Me

I'm 19 years old. I grew up in North Attleboro. I'm majoring in special ed. I love sports, reading, playing field hockey, chilling with my friends, and just being outside. Live life with a passion.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tim Wise

Premise
affirmitive action
racial prefenc
privelge
race
fair/unfair

Wise's Argument

Wise argues that white people are blind to privelge because of racial preference, and because they have been given it their entire life that they are unable to see it.

Evidence

"We ignore the fact that at almost every turn, our hard work has been met with access to an opportunity structure denied to millions of others."

Wise is saying that if you're white you are treated differently and recive more opportunities to succed than you would if you are a person of color.

“privilege, to us, is like water to the fish: invisible precisely because we can not imagine life without it.”

Privilege has always been there, so we see past it and don't even notice it.

Comments

This piece was really easy to read and intresting. Being white I never realized how much power and privilege I actually hold and the advantages I recieve soley on my skin color. A lot of people don't realize that segeration is still around today. It may not be as prominent as it used to be, but it is definatley still there.

No comments: